Cooking with Balsamic Vinegar
Aubergine Lasagna with hot chili Balsamic glaze
2 big aubergines (eggplants)
350 g of Tomato Sauce with Basil Leonardi
250 g of mozzarella cheese
100 g of grated Parmesan cheese
Salt (and coarse salt)
Chili pepper Balsamic Glaze Leonardi
Back to recipes
- Wash the aubergines, remove the edges and cut in slices. Put the slices in a bowl with salt and add something heavy on top so they can drain from liquids and bitterness. (leave them at least for 30 minutes)
- Put the slices on a hot plate previously oiled and grill on both sides.
- In the meantime, heat in a pan the tomato sauce with a bit of olive oil.
- Cut the mozzarella cheese in thin slices
- At the bottom of an oven dish, put a layer of sauce
- Add a layer of aubergines on top of the sauce
- Add another layer of tomato sauce
- Add the parmesan cheese with the herbs
- Add a layer of mozzarella slices
- Add a little bit of olive oil
- Finally add a thin layer of beaten egg
- Start again the same combination of layers aubergines-sauce-parmesan-mozzarella-oil-egg
- Finish the third layer with aubergines-sauce-parmesan-mozzarella-oil-egg and pour the remaining beaten egg on top
- Bake in hot oven for 30 minutes at 180°C.
- Take out the aubergine lasagna and leave on rest so that it becomes harder
- Cut in portions and serve in individual plates, garnishing with Chili hot pepper Balsamic Glaze.